Sunday, January 18, 2009

EXCLUSIVE: JORDI BERNET TORPEDO RETURNS!!!

A GRANDAIZA exclusive! ( my very first )

I just got the scoop straight from Jimmy Palmiotti ( who's worked with Jordi Bernet on the current Jonah Hex series) he's currently translating the entire run of Enrique Sanchez Abuli's TORPEDO to be released some time in 2009.

The entire series, over 500 pages will be released by IDW publishing in Hardcover volumes with the first arriving on store shelves sometime in 2009.

The story revolves around Luca Torelli, a charismatic Mobster circa 1932 with a pension for trouble and hot broads.

The series was developed by Enrique Sanchez Abuli and Alex Toth, but creative differences forced Toth to leave the book and Bernet took over artistic duties for the rest of the series.

I recommend this series to anyone who's ever enjoyed a nice 30's gangland story with a dark sense of humor and kick ass art.

Buy it, read it, love it and please support the good books, God knows that they're few and far between.

2 comments:

  1. I'll give you another exclusive. I had dinner with Alex Toth during a San Diego Con 15 years or so ago and he told me about his "creative differences" with Abuli. He said that he found the characters and their actions "morally repugnant". I think this is fairly well known but it was great to hear it from him directly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that's my second exclusive in as many days!!

    ReplyDelete