Saturday, February 6, 2010

INKING WITH DOUG TENNAPEL

Since I'm taking my sweet ass time with inking my artwork, I thought I might look at someone who has a better command of the inking process.

Doug Tennapel is an indie comic artist and illustrator best known for his work on the Earthworm jim Video games ( available now on the Sega Genesis!) jokes aside he's a fun artist who knows what he's after when he's inking his work.

The one thing I'm learning as I ink on the computer is that you can't recreate those delicious little changes in line weight that happen when you ink with a brush or quill. you can try to recreate those subtle organic effects on a PC but it just doesn't come out the same.

Check out the video, it's a quick 10 minutes, if you've ever flirted with the idea of inking you own doodles, you'll like this video.

(Especially when he cleans his brushes with his mouth.)


No comments:

Post a Comment