Wednesday, June 30, 2010

KING OF CHINATOWN STREET FIGHTER DOC.

I first met Justin Wong back in the mid 90's when I use to frequent the game and robot shops on Elizabeth St. in New York's Chinatown.

He was (and probably still is) a regular at a small arcade on Mott St. (the one with the Tic Tac Toe chicken) that use to get all the major fighting game cabinets before anywhere else in the city.

I played against him (most of the times, he was the guy who everyone was trying to get beat to stay on he machine) during my unemployed, wild vagabond days at that very arcade during one of many crowded stay and play sessions of Street Fighter 3 : 3rd strike, I plunked my Quarter down on the cabinet, waited my turn and lost several Dollars each visit never 0nce winning a match.

Ten years later, I have a good job with benefits, a wife and a child and he's making a living playing Street fighter....life sucks.



To give you a little back story on the Justin x Daigo rivalry. They are responsible for the greatest Street fighter video comeback I've ever seen. EVO semifinals Las Vegas 2004, Justin paying Chun Li and Daigo as Ken.

Justin, thinking that he has the win and the game with a Super move with Chun Li in the final round get's a rude awakening for Daigo's Ken.

I know you've seen this clip before but let's look at the entire match and wonder why we don't see highlights of Tournaments in HD on G4 or SPIKE.



Five years Later, Justin & Daigo met again in Vegas at the 2009 Evo Street Fighter 4
( sorry for the video quality)

Part 1


Part 2


Give it up Justin, Daigo is a Beast!

2 comments:

  1. wow.. nice write up.. are you in the NYC area.. email me at calvin@psychocrusherproductions.com if you are, Thanks again for the press

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you for the wonderful write up.. this is nice. do you live near nyc? I'm the producer / director of this film. email me at calvin@psychocrusherproductions.com

    ReplyDelete