Friday, May 20, 2011

NETFLIX INSTANT REVIEWS : The Twilight Zone (TOS)

This classic Sci-fi TV staple is a must see for any fan of the genre, Rod Sterling's anthology is, in my opinion, some of the best short subject features created for television staring the famous and soon to be famous cast of actors that would draw you in to these fantastic stories.

Now I'm not going to drone on and try to sell you on The Twilight Zone cause if you haven't seen at least one episode then you must be an extraterrestrial or some kind of crazed mountain person and you should be locked up for your own good.

Now I'm currently 6 episodes deep and have seen at least 2 episodes that I have no recollection of whatsoever (and I consider myself a fan and a TV junkie) and to watch them in HD, commercial free, is a wonderful thing to behold.

Black and White picture of course, the aspect ratio is set at the original 4:3 which is perfect for the ipad. Resolution for the most part is 720p but this highly depends on the connection speed, rare moments of lag result in a momentary dip in resolution and then in a few seconds it's back to 720p. it also looks great on the 50" 1080p plasma via the PS3 (thank you White Jesus for answering my prayers and giving me my PSN back.)

Also I should point out that NETFLIX on the ipad now feature subtitles on most of their content for the hearing impaired or for people who just dig subtitles.

The show is legendary and is a must see for anyone who enjoys great story telling and the occasional Shatner episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment